The Role of the Board Chair
Four 60-minute webinars, Wednesdays starting February 14 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
Whether you’re just stepping into this leadership role or are a seasoned board leader, this webinar series with our partners at Washington Nonprofits covers topics that will help you be more effective in your role. You’ll learn how to bring your best leaderful self to the board chair role, artfully facilitate meetings that net results, and improve the leadership work of the board as a whole.
Four-part webinar series from 3:00pm to 4:00pm EST on Wednesdays starting on February 14, 2018.
- Assess your leadership abilities for the board chair role
- Understand what it takes to be an effective board chair
- Tools to run more effective meetings and board processes
Part 1: What Kind of a Leader are You?
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm EST
- The Changing Landscape of Nonprofit Leadership – What’s Important Now
- Characteristics of Great Board Leaders –How do You Measure Up?
- Your North Star – What Will Your Legacy Be?
Part 2: What’s Your Job as Board Chair?
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm EST
- Common Mistakes and Frustrations
- The Do’s and Dont’s of Effective Chairmanship
- How to Make the Most of Key Relationships, including the Board Chair – ED partnership
Part 3: Meetings that Matter
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm EST
- The Bone structure: A Masterful Agenda, Meeting Mechanics, Strategic Information, Ways to Evaluate Meetings
- Shaping Powerful Questions that generate great discussion
Part 4: Presiding vs Facilitating
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm EST
- How to Develop Facilitative Leadership
- Communication Tips for Effective Listeners
- The people side of things – managing meeting dynamics and conflict
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Current and Incoming Board Chairs, Committee Chairs, other Board Leaders, Executive Directors.
*All sessions will be recorded and the recording will be available to all registered participants. Participants who are unable to attend one or more of the sessions will still have access to all course materials.